Clara Mounce Young Readers Fund
The Clara Mounce Young Readers Fund was established in 2006 to provide long term support for children’s programming in the Bryan + College Station Library System. Donations to this fund are invested, and the revenues are used to benefit Youth Services at both libraries.
The Friends of the Library use the money received from membership dues, book sales, and special projects to provide substantial benefits for all three libraries in the system. In 2011 your giving provided:
- A color copier leased for use in the Library System office.
- Furniture for the Ringer Library meeting room.
- Portable speaker system for Ringer Library.
- New periodical shelving for Mounce Library.
- Brochure displays for Ringer and Mounce Library.
- A laptop computer for the System office.
- $3600 for DVDs.
- Over $13,500 for children and adult programming costs.
- Photographic portraits of Clara Mounce and Larry Ringer for their namesake library.
In recent years we have:
- Donated $500 for books in memory of James Beard, long time Friend.
- Donated $1,300 for equipment and supplies.
- Underwritten the Youth Services programming at both the Clara B. Mounce and Larry J. Ringer libraries. This provides direct benefits to well over 4000 children annually.
- Funded the DVD collection.
- Purchased extensive library shelving for various collections.
- Bought computers and desks for reference librarians.
- Purchased and maintained the copiers used by library patrons.
- Along with the City of Bryan and the Brazos Valley Arts Council, commissioned a piece of sculpture for the Carnegie Library.
Last updated: March 29, 2012