Meeting Room Guidelines
- Rooms are available for non-profit groups only.
- The person reserving the room must be at least 18 years of age and have a current library card.
- Solicitation, money raising activities, and sales are not allowed.
- Groups are responsible for returning the room to its original condition.
- No lighted candles, smoking, or alcoholic beverages are allowed.
- Meeting rooms must be vacated fifteen minutes prior to closing except as prearranged.
- For more information, see the Meeting Room Policy and Meeting Room Refreshments Policy below.
- Clara B. Mounce Public Library – Meeting room and computer lab, both located on the 2nd floor. Contact the library at (979) 209-5600 and ask for Youth Services. The meeting room has over 100 chairs, and the computer lab has 11 computers. Both spaces are available during library hours only. Refreshments are allowed in the meeting room, but not in the computer lab. The meeting room has a piano that is available for recitals.
- Larry J. Ringer Library – Meeting room and two group study rooms. Contact the library at (979) 764-3416. Ask for Youth Services for the front meeting room and the Reference Desk for the group study rooms. The meeting room is available after hours and allows refreshments. The group study rooms are available during library hours only and do not allow refreshments. The front meeting room has 44 adult chairs, 20 children’s chairs, and six tables. The smaller group study room (GS1) has one table and four chairs, and the larger group study room (GS2) has two tables and 13 chairs.
- Carnegie History Center – Antique library table sometimes used for small groups. Contact Nan Ross at (979) 209-5630 for more information.