A Research Center for Local History and Genealogy
111 S. Main St.
Bryan, TX 77803
View Google Map
- Monday – Closed
- Tuesday – 10 AM to 7 PM
- Wednesday – 10 AM to 5 PM
- Thursday – 10 AM to 7 PM
- Friday – 10 AM to 5 PM
- Saturday – Closed
- Sunday – Closed
The Carnegie History Center’s Genealogy collection is a vast and broad resource to assist in your research. For the United States, books will be arranged by State, then County, then by topic. New location labels are at the top of the spine for easier viewing. The Dewey call numbers will remain on some books until they need to be removed. The Carnegie will be closed to do some rearranging July 5-14, 2017.
- What’s up at the library? Get an email about our programs. Sign up for our newsletter here. If you have previously subscribed to our mailing lists, but you are not receiving our weekly electronic newsletter, please contact us.
- Calendar – View our online calendar or go to that page to print one out
- History of the Carnegie
- Special Collections
- Photographs of the Carnegie
- Carnegie Echos
- Hood’s Brigade
- Briscoe Center and Carnegie History Center Archive Brazos Study
- Across the Tracks by Hazel Adams Richardson
- Brazos Genealogical Association
- Robertson County Genealogy
- Texas Research Ramblers
For questions or concerns, contact Rachael Medders.
Cavitt Collection, ca. 1860s – 1990s
Fire Department Collection, 1881-1993
Van Riper Collection #0041
Contact us for information about our other collections.
Many specialized genealogy references are available for use at the Carnegie History Center. Please contact us for more information about books, microfilm, and computer databases.
- Basic Genealogy Links
- Genealogy Guide
- Leaving a Genealogical Legacy
- Sources for Researching Brazos County Families at the Carnegie History Center
- Researching Old Homes in Brazos County
- Some Things to Beware in Genealogy
Photographs of the Carnegie
Early View of the Carnegie Public Library
The Carnegie Public Library, 1940’s
The Carnegie History Center, 1999
The Carnegie History Center, 2005
Ballet Display in the Carnegie History Center, 2005
The Carnegie Echos are written for the newsletter of the Brazos Heritage Society.
Note: Each link opens up in a new window and displays as a PDF.
Excerpts from the Bryan Daily and Weekly Eagle regarding those attending the reunions of Hood’s Texas Brigade at Bryan, Texas 1925-1934.