- Children’s Catalog
- Class Visits
- Homework Help
- Book Sales
- “It’s Elementary” Program
- Summer Reading Program
The Children’s Catalog is designed to help children find their own books and other library materials. Children can search by author, title, or keywords. There are also helpful subject guides to help children find exactly what they want to read.
Come visit the Library with your school! Our primary goal for class visits is to develop and nurture children’s lifelong love of reading, literature, and the library. You must make a reservation for a class visit. Schools and day cares can schedule class visits. Contact Suzy at (979) 764-3416 to schedule a class visit at Ringer Library in College Station. Contact Bobbee at (979) 209-5615 to schedule a class visit at Mounce Library in Bryan.
MOUNCE LIBRARY (BRYAN) STORYTIMES
- Baby/Toddler Storytime: Thursdays, June 7 – July 26, 10:15 a.m., infants to 2 years
- Get Ready To Read: Thursdays, June 7 – July 26, 10:40 a.m., ages 3 and up
- Big Kids Nonfiction Storytime: Tuesdays, June 5 – June 26, 3 p.m., PreK-K
RINGER LIBRARY (COLLEGE STATION) STORYTIMES
- Babies and Books: Thursdays, June 7 – Aug. 2, 9:15 a.m., newborns and crawling babies
- Wiggle Worms: Mondays, June 4 – July 30, 9:30 & 10:30 a.m.; Thursdays, June 7 – Aug. 2, 10 & 11 a.m., babies and toddlers who can’t sit still
- Toddlers: Wednesdays, June 6 – Aug. 1 (no storytime on July 4), 10 a.m., ages 2-3
- Family: Wednesdays, June 6 – Aug. 1 (no storytime on July 4), 11 a.m., all ages
- SMILE, special needs storytime (age 2-17): Sun., June 24, July 15, Aug. 5, 2:30-3:30 p.m.; must register
- Family Storytime Parties: 4th Thursday (June 28, July 26), 6-6:45 p.m., stories, crafts, games, and snacks; June, Day of Dragons and Dinosaurs; July, Cat’s Meow
MOUNCE LIBRARY (BRYAN) HOMEWORK HELP
- Monday – Thursday, 5 – 6:45 PM, K-12th grade, registration not required; during the school year (not in summer)
RINGER LIBRARY (COLLEGE STATION) HOMEWORK HELP CENTER
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 4-5 PM, K-8th grade, registration not required; during the school year (not in summer)
The next book sale will a Scholastic Book Fair in August 2018 at Larry J. Ringer Library (College Station). The Friends of the Library hold semi-annual book sales at Clara B. Mounce Public Library in Bryan. The next most recent semi-annual book sale was held at Mounce Library in April; the next will be in October or November. The Friends of the Library usually hold a children’s book sale at Larry J. Ringer Library (College Station) in March.
Online workshops for parents (click each title to download a pdf)
- Homework without the Headache
- I Can Do It! Steps to finding information at the library – revised
- READ is not a Four-Letter Word – revised
- Your Child’s Reading Level – revised
- Who Is Your Child? Types of kids and learning styles
- Dealing with Opposition
- Learning Disabilities
- Family Fun Activities
- READ is not a Four-Letter Word handout – revised
- What Species is Your Child handout
- Your Child’s Reading Level handout
- Dealing with Opposition handout
- Learning Disabilities handout
If you have feedback, including suggestions or concerns, for any content in these workshops, we encourage you to get in touch with us at www.bcslibrary.org/contact.
Activities for K-4th grade children at Ringer Library (College Station)
- Juggling Magic, Fri., June 15, 1:00 p.m., Matt Tardy will teach juggling
- Tie Dye Your Summer, Fri., July 20, 10:00 a.m., bring a white shirt to dye
- Puppet Mania, Fri., Aug. 10, 10-11:30 a.m., create a puppet show
Contact Cindy Oser at (979) 764-3416 for more information about It’s Elementary.
The 2018 theme for all ages is Libraries Rock. Summer reading logs will be handed out from June 1 through July 31 and must be returned by August 31. See our children’s summer page to find out what we have planned for this summer. Thanks to our sponsors. If you are interested in being a 2018 sponsor or are already a sponsor and need to be added to the sponsors page, please contact the library system or email email@example.com.
Clara B. Mounce Public Library (Bryan, TX) – (979) 209-5600, ask for Bobbee or Elaine
Larry J. Ringer Library (College Station, TX) – (979) 764-3416, ask for Suzy or Cindy