- Children’s Catalog
- Class Visits
- Homework Help
- Book Sales
- “It’s Elementary” Program
- Summer Reading Program
The Children’s Catalog is designed to help children find their own books and other library materials. Children can search by author, title, or keywords. There are also helpful subject guides to help children find exactly what they want to read.
Come visit the Library with your school! Our primary goal for class visits is to develop and nurture children’s lifelong love of reading, literature, and the library. You must make a reservation for a class visit. Schools and day cares can schedule class visits. Contact Suzy at (979) 764-3416 to schedule a class visit at Ringer Library in College Station. Contact Bobbee at (979) 209-5615 to schedule a class visit at Mounce Library in Bryan.
MOUNCE LIBRARY (BRYAN) WEEKLY STORYTIMES
- Babies/Toddlers: Thursdays, Sept. 14 – Dec. 14, 10:15 a.m., infant to 2 years
- Ready 2 Read: Thursdays, Sept. 14 – Dec. 14, 10:40 a.m., ages 3 and up
RINGER LIBRARY (COLLEGE STATION) WEEKLY STORYTIMES
- Babies and Books: Thursdays, Sept. 14 – Nov. 16, 9:15 a.m., newborns and crawling babies
- Wiggle Worms: Mondays, Sept. 11 – Nov. 13, 9:30 & 10:30 a.m.; Thursdays, Sept. 14 – Nov. 16, 10 & 11 a.m., babies and toddlers who can’t sit still
- Toddlers: Wednesdays, Sept. 13 – Nov. 15, 10 a.m., ages 2-3
- Preschool: Wednesdays, Sept. 13 – Nov. 15, 11 a.m., ages 3-5
- NO WEEKLY STORYTIMES NOV. 20, 2017 – JAN. 18, 2018
- Weekly storytime returns Monday, January 22, 2018.
MOUNCE LIBRARY (BRYAN) SPECIAL ALL-AGES STORYTIMES
- Family Fun Story Hour: 3rd Sunday (Nov. 19, Dec. 17), 3:30 p.m., several languages (English, Spanish, sometimes Chinese, French, and Turkish; check to see if more languages are added or to volunteer to read in another language)
- Nutcracker Ballet Storytime: Thursday, Dec. 13, 5:30 and 6:15 p.m.
RINGER LIBRARY (COLLEGE STATION) SPECIAL ALL-AGES STORYTIMES
- Holiday Storytime: Saturday, Dec. 2, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- SMILE, special needs storytime (age 2-17): Sun., Jan. 7, 2:30-3:30 p.m.; must register
MOUNCE LIBRARY (BRYAN) HOMEWORK HELP
- Monday – Thursday, 5:00 – 6:45, K-12th grade, registration not required
RINGER LIBRARY (COLLEGE STATION) HOMEWORK HELP CENTER
- Monday – Friday, 4-5 PM, Elementary & Middle School, registration not required
- Wednesday, 5-7 PM, Elementary & Middle School, registration not required
The Friends of the Library is currently holding an online Scholastic book fair from November 14 through December 4, 2017, and items ordered will be available to pick up at Ringer Library from December 18 to 22. There will be a Scholastic Book Fair in GS2 at the back of Ringer Library on December 2, 4, 7, 11, 13, and 16, 2017. The Friends of the Library hold semi-annual book sales at Clara B. Mounce Public Library in Bryan and an annual book sale for children’s books at the Larry J. Ringer Library in College Station. The next children’s book sale will be held at Ringer Library on March 3, 2018, and the next semi-annual book sale will be held at Mounce Library in April.
Online workshops for parents (click each title to download a pdf)
- Homework without the Headache
- I Can Do It! Steps to finding information at the library – revised
- READ is not a Four-Letter Word – revised
- Your Child’s Reading Level – revised
- Who Is Your Child? Types of kids and learning styles
- Dealing with Opposition
- Learning Disabilities
- Family Fun Activities
- READ is not a Four-Letter Word handout – revised
- What Species is Your Child handout
- Your Child’s Reading Level handout
- Dealing with Opposition handout
- Learning Disabilities handout
If you have feedback, including suggestions or concerns, for any content in these workshops, we encourage you to get in touch with us at www.bcslibrary.org/contact.
Activities for K-4th grade children to be held at Ringer Library (College Station) in 2018
- I Spy Scavenger Hunt, Thurs., Jan. 18, 4-5:30 p.m.
- Let’s Go Lego, Fri., Feb. 9, 3:30-5 p.m.
- DK Funhouse for Kids, Thurs., Mar. 1, 4-5:30 p.m.
- Art Meets Nature, Thurs., Apr. 5, 4-5:30 p.m.
Contact Cindy Oser at (979) 764-3416 for more information about It’s Elementary.
The 2017 summer reading theme was Building a Better World. The 2018 theme for all ages is Libraries Rock. Summer reading logs are handed out in June and July and must be returned by the end of August. To see what type of events we held this summer, see our children’s summer page. Check back in April 2018 for information about our 2018 summer programs. Thanks to our sponsors. If you should be on the list of 2017 sponsors or are interested in being a 2018 sponsor, please contact the library system or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clara B. Mounce Public Library (Bryan, TX) – (979) 209-5600, ask for Bobbee or Elaine
Larry J. Ringer Library (College Station, TX) – (979) 764-3416, ask for Suzy or Cindy