The Children’s Catalog is designed to help children find their own books and other library materials. Children can search by author, title, or keywords. There are also helpful subject guides to help children find exactly what they want to read.
Come visit the Library with your school! Our primary goal for class visits is to develop and nurture children’s lifelong love of reading, literature, and the library. You must make a reservation for a class visit. Schools and day cares can schedule class visits. Contact Suzy at (979) 764-3416 to schedule a class visit at Larry J. Ringer Library in College Station. If you are interested in scheduling a class visit at the Mounce Library in Bryan, contact Bobbee at (979) 209-5615.
MOUNCE LIBRARY (BRYAN) STORYTIME
- Baby/Toddler Storytime: Thurs., Jan. 19 – Apr. 13, 10:15 AM – infants to 2 yrs
- Get Ready To Read: Thurs., Jan. 19 – Apr. 13, 10:45 AM – ages 2 and up
- Multilingual Story Hour: starts in February – details to come
- Sensory Special Needs Storytime: starts in February – details to come
RINGER LIBRARY (COLLEGE STATION) STORYTIME
- Wiggle Worms: Mon., Jan. 23 – Apr. 10, 9:30 & 10:30 AM – babies & toddlers who can’t sit still
- Toddler Storytime: Wed., Jan. 25 – Apr. 12, 10 AM – ages 2-3
- Preschool Storytime: Wed., Jan. 25 – Apr. 12, 11 AM – ages 3-5
- Babies & Books: Thurs., Jan. 26 – Apr. 13, 9:15 AM – newborns & crawling babies
- Wiggle Worms: Thurs., Jan. 26 – Apr. 13, 10 & 11 AM – babies & toddlers who can’t sit still
- Family Storytime Party: Thurs., Jan. 19, Feb. 16, Mar. 16, Apr. 20, 6-7 PM – all ages
- SMILE: Tues., Jan. 24, Feb. 28, Mar. 28, Apr. 25, 5:30-6:45 PM – 2-17, special needs, register
The Friends of the Library hold semi-annual book sales at Clara B. Mounce Public Library in Bryan and an annual book sale for children’s books at the Larry J. Ringer Library in College Station. The next book sale in Bryan will be October 15-16, 2016, and the next children’s book sale in College Station will be in March 2017. Check back for details.
Homework Help – NEW
Bringing up the Grades, Afterschool Homework Help (Mounce Library, Bryan)
- Afterschool homework help for kindergarten through 12th grade.
- Help is provided on the 2nd floor from 5:00 to 6:45, Monday through Thursday.
- Children may get help without a parent, but the library’s safe child policy will be followed. For children under age 9, the parent must stay within sight of the child, and for children age 9 to 11, the parent must be somewhere in the library. Ages 12 and up may attend on their own.
- For more information, contact Bobbee at (979) 209-5616 or Elaine at (979) 209-5615.
Homework Help Center (Ringer Library, College Station)
- Parents come with their child (elementary through middle school) for a high school student to explain the homework to the parent and child.
- Help is available on Mondays and Wednesdays from 4:00 to 7:00, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:00 to 6:00, and Fridays from 4:00 to 5:00. Call to sign up for a spot, or just show up and look for the Homework Help table near the front of the library.
- For more information, contact Cindy at (979) 764-3416.
Clara B. Mounce Public Library (Bryan, TX) – (979) 209-5600, ask for Bobbee or Elaine
Larry J. Ringer Library (College Station, TX) – (979) 764-3416, ask for Suzy or Cindy