The Children’s Catalog is designed to help children find their own books and other library materials. Children can search by author, title, or keywords. There are also helpful subject guides to help children find exactly what they want to read.
Come visit the Library with your school! Our primary goal for class visits is to develop and nurture children’s lifelong love of reading, literature, and the library. You must make a reservation for a class visit. Schools and day cares can schedule class visits. Contact Suzy at (979) 764-3416 to schedule a class visit at Larry J. Ringer Library in College Station. If you are interested in scheduling a class visit at the Mounce Library in Bryan, contact Bobbee at (979) 209-5615.
MOUNCE LIBRARY (BRYAN) WEEKLY STORYTIMES
- Babies/Toddlers: Thursdays, Sept. 14 – Dec. 14, 10:15 a.m., infant to 2 years
- Ready 2 Read: Thursdays, Sept. 14 – Dec. 14, 10:40 a.m., ages 3 and up
- Play2Learn*: Tuesdays, Oct. 3-31, 10:30-11:30 a.m., ages 1-2 and parent/caregiver; *registration required (free; limited to 25 parents/caregivers); special 5-week program to play together and develop children’s early literacy skills; Family Place Library national program
RINGER LIBRARY (COLLEGE STATION) WEEKLY STORYTIMES
- Babies and Books: Thursdays, Sept. 14 – Nov. 16, 9:15 a.m., newborns and crawling babies
- Wiggle Worms: Mondays, Sept. 11 – Nov. 13, 9:30 & 10:30 a.m.; Thursdays, Sept. 14 – Nov. 16, 10 & 11 a.m., babies and toddlers who can’t sit still
- Toddlers: Wednesdays, Sept. 13 – Nov. 15, 10 a.m., ages 2-3
- Preschool: Wednesdays, Sept. 13 – Nov. 15, 11 a.m., ages 3-5
MOUNCE LIBRARY (BRYAN) SPECIAL ALL-AGES STORYTIMES
- Family Fun Story Hour: 3rd Sunday (Sept. 17, Oct. 15, Nov. 19, Dec. 17), 3:30-5 p.m., several languages (English, Spanish, sometimes Chinese, French, and Turkish; check to see if more languages are added or to volunteer to read in another language)
- Country Fair Storytime: Saturday, Oct. 7, 2 p.m.
- Nutcracker Ballet Storytime: Thursday, Dec. 13, 5:30 and 6:15 p.m.
RINGER LIBRARY (COLLEGE STATION) SPECIAL ALL-AGES STORYTIMES
- Birding Storytime: Saturday, Sept. 9, 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Rosh Hashanah Storytime: Sunday, Sept. 10, 2 p.m.
- Day of the Dead, Día de los Muertos: Saturday, Oct. 21, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Holiday Storytime: Saturday, Dec. 2, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
MOUNCE LIBRARY (BRYAN) HOMEWORK HELP
- Monday – Thursday, 5:00 – 6:45, K-12th grade, registration not required
RINGER LIBRARY (COLLEGE STATION) HOMEWORK HELP CENTER
- Monday – Friday, 4-5 PM, Elementary & Middle School, registration not required
- Wednesday, 5-7 PM, Elementary & Middle School, registration not required
The Friends of the Library hold semi-annual book sales at Clara B. Mounce Public Library in Bryan and an annual book sale for children’s books at the Larry J. Ringer Library in College Station. The next book sale will be at Mounce Library on October 21-22, 2017.
The 2017 summer reading theme was Building a Better World. The last day to turn in completed summer reading logs was August 31. To see what type of events we held this summer, see our children’s summer page. For more information about our programs, contact a librarian. Thanks to our sponsors. If you should be on the list of 2017 sponsors, please contact the library system or email email@example.com.
Clara B. Mounce Public Library (Bryan, TX) – (979) 209-5600, ask for Bobbee or Elaine
Larry J. Ringer Library (College Station, TX) – (979) 764-3416, ask for Suzy or Cindy