- Membership, Applications, and Life Members
- Book Sales
- Upcoming and Recent Events
- Officers and Board Members
- Contact the Friends
The Friends of the Bryan + College Station Public Library System, a nonprofit organization founded in 1955 to promote the Public Library, encourages all citizens to use the many and varied services offered by the system.
Friends’ programs heighten community awareness of the library’s resources. Friends’ gifts enrich the library’s collections. Friends’ development efforts build long-term library support.
$20 – Individual
$50 – Family
$10 – Student / Educator
$250 – Individual
$300 – Family
$300 – Business
$200 – Non-profit organization
Memberships run from January through December. Members receive an annual mailing and may shop early at our fall and spring book sales. Members are also personally invited to other Friends programs. To join, please download a registration form (PDF) or pick one up at any library location. Checks should be written to the Friends of the Library.
Bring your completed membership form and payment to any of our locations or mail them to:
- The Friends of the Library
P.O. Box 3184
Bryan, TX 77805-3184
Volunteers are needed and appreciated at the book sales in the fall and the spring. Contact a board member if you are interested.
Book Sale for Young Readers
The Friends of the Library hold an annual book sale specifically for children’s books at Ringer Library in March.
If you have new or gently used children’s books that you would like to donate for this book sale, you may drop them off at any Bryan+College Station Public Library System location.
Semiannual Book Sale
The Friends of the Library have a semiannual 2-day book sale in the spring and fall at the Clara B. Mounce Public Library. The next sale will take place on October 15 and 16, 2016. Join the Friends or renew your membership for early admission to the book sale.
Saturday, October 15, 9 AM (Friends only) / 10 AM (everyone) – 1 PM, $20 per bag
Sunday, October 16, 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM (everyone), $10 for 1st bag, 2nd bag is free
Donations of books are accepted year-round at Mounce and Ringer libraries. Books must be in good condition. Contact Carol Maxson at (979) 731-1610 or Jeanne Mitchell at (979) 846-2673 for more information or if you would like to volunteer to help with the book sale.
Upcoming and Recent Events
- October 15-16, 2016 – Fall Book Sale (Mounce Library)
- April 18-19, 2015 – Spring Book Sale (Mounce Library)
- March 7, 2015 – Book Sale for Young Readers (Ringer Library)
- November 8-9, 2014 – Fall Book Sale (Mounce Library)
- Summer 2014 – Friends sponsor Summer Reading Program
- April 26-27, 2014 – Spring Book Sale (Mounce Library)
- March 22, 2014 – Book Sale for Young Readers (Ringer Library)
- November 16-17, 2013 – Fall Book Sale (Mounce Library)
- Summer 2013 – Friends sponsor Summer Reading Program
- April 27-28, 2013 – Spring Book Sale (Mounce Library)
- March 23, 2013 – Book Sale for Young Readers (Ringer Library)
- June 5, 2012 – Scholastic Book Fair ( Ringer Library)
- April 14, 2012 – Duffy Hudson as Einstein (St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church)
- Actor Duffy Hudson as Dr. Seuss (Bush Library Orientation Theater)
Friends donated $8000 to begin an e-book collection for library cardholders.
Friends set aside $10,000 in a matching fund for furnishings when the Ringer Library expansion is completed.
Officers and Board Members
Board Officers (2016-2017)
President: Mary Fran Troy
VP/President Elect: Sharron Rosedahl
Secretary: Denise Parker
Treasurer: Dr. Larry Ringer
Past President: Donna Pohl
Library System Director: Dr. Larry Koeninger
Dr. Kirby Smith
The Friends Board meets on the second Tuesday of the month at 4 PM. The Friends Board does not meet in June, July, or August. For more information, contact the library director at (979) 209-5611.
Contact the Friends of the Library
Friends of the Bryan + College Station Public Library System
PO Box 3184
Bryan, TX 77805
Phone: (979) 209-5600