During Indie Author Day (Saturday, October 8, 2016), libraries across North America will host local author events and participate in a digital discussion with writers, agents, and other industry leaders. Clara B. Mounce Public Library (201 E. 26th St., Bryan, TX 77803) will be participating. This free event is open to the public. For more information, contact Peggy Noynaert at (979) 209-5622.
Local schedule (Saturday, October 8 at Clara B. Mounce Public Library in downtown Bryan): 12-1 PM, Author Exhibits and Book Sales; 1-2 PM, National Panel Discussion via YouTube; 2-4 PM, Local Panel Discussion; 4-4:45 PM, Book Sales and Visit
Indie authors include self-published authors, those published by small Indie presses, and those that choose hybrid publishing, a combination of both self-publishing and Indie presses. This event highlights our community’s local writers and their publications, giving the public a chance to engage with the writers through a Q & A session and to learn more about the process of becoming a published author.
Participating authors and editors (click the names to see author/editor profiles):
- Rhonda Brinkmann, Author (Nonfiction and Fiction) and Editor
- Arthur B. Burnett, Fiction and Nonfiction Author
- L. G. Castillo, Fiction Author (romance)
- Glenn D. Davis, Nonfiction Author
- Larry Farmer, Historical Fiction Author
- Dawn Husted, YA (Teen) Fiction Author
- Tom Icon, Fiction Author (action, adventure)
- Suil Kang, Fiction Author (short stories)
- Curt Locklear, Historical Fiction Author
- Eliza Maxwell, Fiction Author (suspense)
- Teri Metcalf, Fiction and Nonfiction Author
- Mary Mize, Children’s Fiction Author
- Christa Nardi, Fiction Author (mystery)
- David C. Pequeño, Nonfiction Author
- Rosalee Richland, collaborative pen name of Rhonda Brinkmann and Cyndi Riccio, Fiction Author (mystery)
- Sharon Roe, Editor and Author (Nonfiction and Fiction)
- Photini (Tina) Sierra, Fiction and Nonfiction Author (short stories)
- Greg Sparks, Fiction and Nonfiction Author
- Sheri Thomas, Editor
The event will include author exhibits and book sales, a national panel discussion via YouTube, and local panel discussions throughout the afternoon. This will be an exciting opportunity for aspiring authors to connect with fellow authors to gain insight through those with first-hand experience.