Retirement & Post-Retirement Finances
Whether you are just starting to save or are reaching the end of your career, the resources below will help you enjoy your retirement years.
- Managing Retirement Income (FINRA)
- Benefit Calculator (SSA)
- Other Things to Consider (SSA)
- My Retirement Paycheck (National Endowment for Financial Education)
- Retirement Planning After Divorce (SSA)
What are Retirement Plans?
- 401k Investing (FINRA)
- Plan For Your Retirement (SSA)
- New Employee Saving Tips (Department of Labor) Opens as PDF
- Types of Retirement Plans (IRS)
Late Start Planning
Social Security Administration
- Applying for Benefits
- Applying for just Medicare
- Suspending Social Security Benefits
- Delayed Retirement Credits
National Council on Aging
The National Council on Aging is a useful stop on your retirement and estate planning journey. Topics such as home equity, benefits, and healthy aging are covered in depth. The Money Management section offers guides to debt, financial education tools, and advice on protecting oneself from scams.
Elder Abuse & Scams
In addition to the NCOA resources above, these sites offer knowledge on protecting yourself and your loved ones from financial scams and fraud.
Estate planning, funeral preparations, and other end of life topics are covered in this section. These discussions can be difficult, and we hope these resources help you start the conversation.
Wills, Estate Planning, and Executors
- Too busy to make a will? (NOLO)
- 10 Things to Know (AARP)
- Guidelines for Individual Executors & Trustees (American Bar)
- Checklist for Executors (NOLO)
- Estate Planning Info & FAQs (American Bar)
Living Wills & Power of Attorney
- Power of Attorney – Definition (American Bar)
- What is a power of attorney? (CFPB)
- Living Wills & Medical Powers of Attorney (NOLO)
End of Life Preparations
- Shopping for Funeral Services (FTC)
- Planning Your Own Funeral (FTC)
- ‘Where to find my important papers’ Worksheet
- End of Life Publications (National Institute on Aging)