Our main 2019 summer page is www.bcslibrary.org/summer-reading-program. This year’s theme is A Universe of Stories.
Event locations are listed by each event. All events are free. Events that require registration are noted. Call (979) 209-5600 (Mounce Library) for more information. Check back to confirm event details closer to event dates. Events on this page are for adults only unless otherwise noted.
Events will be held at Mounce Library (201 E. 26th St., Bryan, TX 77803) or Ringer Library (1818 Harvey Mitchell Pkwy. S., College Station, TX 77845) unless otherwise noted. Ringer Library (College Station) is currently closed for construction and is expected to reopen by the end of summer. Ringer Library’s phone number (979-764-3416) is currently forwarding to Mounce Library.
Summer Reading Logs (Adult Log is for Ages 18+, Children’s Log is for 0 to 10, Teen/Tween is for 10-18)
- June 1 – July 31: Pick up a summer reading log at Mounce Library. Mark one space for every day of reading (or listening to a book, or looking at the pictures in a book).
- June 30 – August 31: Return your completed reading log (30 days of reading) once you have finished. Logs can be returned to Mounce Library (and to Ringer Library once it opens). Get a prize.
- Afternoon Book Club: First Tuesday, 5:30 – 6:30 p.m., Barnes and Noble (711 Texas Ave., C.S.)
- Mystery Book Club: Second Monday, 6 – 7 p.m., Barnes and Noble (711 Texas Ave., C.S.)
- Library Reading Group: Third Monday, 6:45 – 8 p.m., The Langford (1851 Carroll Fancher Way, C.S.)
- Full STEAM Ahead Book Club: Third Tuesday, 6 – 8 p.m., The Tipsy Bean (750 William D. Fitch Pkwy., C.S.)
- Mounce Classics Book Club: Last Friday, 1 – 2:30 p.m., Mounce
June Adult Events and All-Ages Events
- Fri., June 7: Hometown Heroes and Big Rigs, 9:30 – 11:30 a.m., come and go, Mounce
- Fri., June 7: First Friday, 6 – 9 p.m., come and go, all ages, Carnegie History Center (111 S. Main St., Bryan)
- Sat., June 8: Master Gardeners Talk: Drip Irrigation for Raised Garden Beds, 10 a.m., Mounce
- Sat., June 8: Teen and Adult Guitar Club, 2 p.m., Mounce
- Mon., June 10: Adult Craft: Nebula Papers, 4:30 p.m., registration required, Mounce
- Mon., June 10: Family Game Night, 6 – 7:30 p.m., come and go, all ages, Mounce
- Sat., June 15: Master Gardeners Talk: Waterwise Summer Lawn Care, 10 a.m., Mounce
- Sat., June 15: Martha Wells, Author Visit, 2 – 3:30 p.m., Mounce, sci-fi / fantasy author, all ages, drawing for free book
- Tues., June 18: Juneteenth Art Festival, 9:30 – 11:30 a.m., come and go, all ages, Mounce
- Tues., June 25: Star Lab Outer Space Day**, 10 AM to 7 PM, free tickets, small groups at a time, Mounce
- Wed., June 26: Star Lab Outer Space Day**, 10 AM to 4:30 PM, free tickets, small groups at a time, Mounce
- Thurs., June 27: Anime Club, 4 – 5 p.m., all ages, watch Japanese animation rated PG to TV-14, Southwood Community Center (1520 Rock Prairie Rd., C.S.)
- Thurs., June 27: TAMU Astronomy Panel, 5 p.m., Mounce
- Sat., June 29: Family Workshop: Build a Telescope, 10 a.m. & 2 p.m., registration required, Mounce, call (979) 209-5600 to register and specify which time you prefer, limit 1 telescope per family
July Adult Events and All-Ages Events
- Mon., July 8: Family Game Night, 6 – 7:30 p.m., come and go, all ages, Mounce
- Wed., July 10: Star Wars Fun, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., come and go, all ages, Mounce
- Sat., July 13: Star Party with Brazos Valley Astronomy Club, 9 p.m. – 11 p.m., come and go, all ages, outside Ringer, bring your own telescope at 8 p.m. for the club to help you set up, or use the club’s telescopes starting at 9 p.m.
- Thurs., July 18: Adult Craft: Constellation Bookmarks, 6 p.m., registration required, Mounce
- Sat., July 20: Lunar Landing Party and Movie, 1 p.m., Wall-E (rated G) at 2 p.m., all ages, Mounce
- Thurs., July 25: Anime Club, 4 – 5:30 p.m., all ages, watch Japanese animation rated PG to TV-14, Mounce (1st floor conference room)
- Thurs., July 25: Book Tasting, 6:30 p.m., registration required, Sweet Eugene’s (1702 George Bush Dr. E., College Station) – updated location
- Sat., July 27: Reptile Day, 1:30 – 3:30 p.m., come and go, all ages, Mounce
- Mon., July 29: Bring Your Device: E-Books & E-Audio, 2 p.m., Mounce
August Adult Events and All-Ages Events
- Sat., August 3 – Fri., August 9: Scholastic Book Fair, dates and times to be announced, come and go, in Ringer Library lobby
- Thurs., August 29: Anime Club, 4 – 5:30 p.m., all ages, watch Japanese animation rated PG to TV-14, Ringer
Weekly Computer Help Sessions
- Basic computer help: Thursdays, 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m., Mounce 2nd floor computer lab, bring your device or use one of our computers
- Genealogy help: Wednesdays, 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Mounce 2nd floor computer lab
All events are free. Some events require registration and have limited space. For more information or any questions, call (979) 209-5600. Please check back closer to event dates to confirm details.
**Accessibility option for the StarLab planetarium: For those unable to enter by bending or crawling, please let the Youth Services staff know when your group is called so that we may lift the side of the dome for you to enter.