For updated information and hours, see www.bcslibrary.org/the-library-and-covid-19.
The Meyer Book Club is a club that the library system holds at the Meyer Senior and Community Center at the request of the City of College Station’s Senior Services, but in-person meetings are not currently possible due to COVID-19 restrictions.
For fall 2020, meetings will be held virtually (via Zoom) by the library. To register, email the librarian who is hosting the meeting or use our online contact form.
Meetings are held on the second Wednesday of the month from 10 to 11:30 AM. Book genres and librarians hosting the meetings rotate monthly.
NEXT BOOK (*Virtual Meeting, Request Invite*)
- October 14, 2020 – This Time Together: Laughter and Reflection by Carol Burnett (memoir/biography with Jessica); email Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a Zoom invitation
UPCOMING BOOKS (*Virtual Meetings, Request Invite*)
- November 11, 2020 – Then She Was Gone by Lisa Jewell (thriller with Ashley)
- December 9, 2020 – Stormy Weather by Paulette Jiles (Texas historical fiction with Hilary)
- January 13, 2021 – The Fifth Season by N. K. Jemisin (science fiction with Alexys)
- February 10, 2021 – A High-End Finish (Fixer-Upper Mystery, book one) by Kate Carlisle (cozy mystery with Kendra)
Previous Book Selections
- September 9, 2020 – On What Grounds (Coffeehouse Mystery, book one) by Cleo Coyle (cozy mystery with Kendra), virtual meeting
- April through August, 2020 – meetings cancelled; book discussions postponed
- March 11, 2020 – The Queens of Animation by Nathalia Holt (nonfiction with Kate)
- February 12, 2020 – Flight of the Sparrow by Amy Belding Brown (historical fiction with Hilary)
- January 8, 2020 – Behind Closed Doors by B. A. Paris (thriller with Ashley)
- December 11, 2019 – No book club meeting; Holiday Open House with a table about the book club (multiple librarians)
- November 13, 2019 – First: Sandra Day O’Connor by Evan Thomas (memoir/biography with Jessica)
- October 9, 2019 – Dial C for Chihuahua (A Barking Detective Mystery, book 1) by Waverly Curtis (cozy mystery with Kendra)
- September 11, 2019 – The Day the World Came to Town: 9/11 in Gander, Newfoundland by Jim DeFede (nonfiction with Kate)