The Meyer Book Club is a club that the library system usually holds at the Meyer Senior and Community Center at the request of the City of College Station’s Senior Services.
Summer 2021 meetings will be hybrid; they can be attended via Zoom or from Ringer Library. To register, email the librarian who is hosting the meeting or use our online contact form.
Meetings are held on the second Wednesday of the month from 10 to 11:30 AM. Book genres and librarians hosting the meetings rotate monthly.
NEXT BOOK (*Hybrid: Zoom/Ringer, Request Invite*)
- July 14, 2021 – Dead as a Door Knocker (House-Flipper Mystery, #1) by Diane Kelly (cozy mystery with Kendra; special guest: author Diane Kelly); contact Kendra at firstname.lastname@example.org for a Zoom invite
- SPECIAL GUEST: Author Diane Kelly will be Zooming in to discuss her book.
- We will have the Zoom meeting pulled up on Ringer Library’s TV; if you would prefer to watch as a group, you can come to Ringer Library’s front meeting room. The special guest and some of the other book club members will be Zooming in. Contact Kendra at email@example.com or (979) 764-3416 if you have questions.
UPCOMING BOOKS (*Hybrid: Zoom/Ringer for now, Request Invite*)
- August 11, 2021 – My Lovely Wife by Samantha Downing (thriller with Ashley); hybrid (Zoom/Ringer): email Ashley at firstname.lastname@example.org for a Zoom invite
- September 8, 2021 – The Book of Lost Friends by Lisa Wingate (historical fiction with Hilary), email Hilary at email@example.com, location to be announced
- October – science fiction or fantasy with Alexys, details to be announced
- November – cozy mystery with Kendra, details to be announced
- December – book club party, details to be announced
Previous Book Selections
- June 9, 2021 – The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang (science fiction with Alexys), hybrid meeting
- May 12, 2021 – The Chilbury Ladies’ Choir by Jennifer Ryan (historical fiction with Hilary), virtual meeting
- April 14, 2021 – Six Years by Harlan Coben (thriller with Ashley), virtual meeting
- March 10, 2021 – We’re Going to Need More Wine by Gabrielle Union (memoir/biography with Jessica), virtual meeting
- February 10, 2021 – A High-End Finish (Fixer-Upper Mystery, book one) by Kate Carlisle (cozy mystery with Kendra), virtual meeting
- January 13, 2021 – The Fifth Season by N. K. Jemisin (science fiction with Alexys), virtual meeting
- December 9, 2020 – Stormy Weather by Paulette Jiles (Texas historical fiction with Hilary), virtual meeting
- November 11, 2020 – Then She Was Gone by Lisa Jewell (thriller with Ashley), virtual meeting
- October 14, 2020 – This Time Together: Laughter and Reflection by Carol Burnett (memoir/biography with Jessica), virtual meeting
- September 9, 2020 – On What Grounds (Coffeehouse Mystery, book one) by Cleo Coyle (cozy mystery with Kendra), virtual meeting
- April through August, 2020 – meetings cancelled; book discussions postponed
- March 11, 2020 – The Queens of Animation by Nathalia Holt (nonfiction with Kate)
- February 12, 2020 – Flight of the Sparrow by Amy Belding Brown (historical fiction with Hilary)
- January 8, 2020 – Behind Closed Doors by B. A. Paris (thriller with Ashley)
- December 11, 2019 – No book club meeting; Holiday Open House with a table about the book club (multiple librarians)
- November 13, 2019 – First: Sandra Day O’Connor by Evan Thomas (memoir/biography with Jessica)
- October 9, 2019 – Dial C for Chihuahua (A Barking Detective Mystery, book 1) by Waverly Curtis (cozy mystery with Kendra)
- September 11, 2019 – The Day the World Came to Town: 9/11 in Gander, Newfoundland by Jim DeFede (nonfiction with Kate)