For updated information and hours, see www.bcslibrary.org/the-library-and-covid-19.
The Meyer Book Club is a club that the library system holds at the Meyer Senior and Community Center at the request of the City of College Station’s Senior Services. The City of College Station has postponed all senior programming until the fall, and the Meyer Book Club will likewise be postponed until fall, at which time the City of College Station will reevaluate their plans for senior programming, and the library system will coordinate with them about the Meyer Book Club.
The Meyer Book Club usually meets at the Meyer Senior and Community Center, located at 2275 Dartmouth St., College Station, on the second Wednesday of the month from 10:00 to 11:30 a.m. This book club is led by librarians from the Bryan+College Station Public Library System, but it meets at the Meyer Center.
UPCOMING BOOKS (Meetings postponed until Fall 2020)
- On What Grounds (Coffeehouse Mystery, book one) by Cleo Coyle (cozy mystery with Kendra)
- This Time Together: Laughter and Reflection by Carol Burnett (memoir/biography with Jessica)
- Then She Was Gone by Lisa Jewell (thriller with Ashley)
- Stormy Weather by Paulette Jiles (Texas historical fiction with Hilary)
- A High-End Finish (Fixer-Upper Mystery, book one) by Kate Carlisle (cozy mystery with Kendra)
Previous Book Selections
- April and May 2020 – meetings cancelled; book discussion postponed
- March 11, 2020 – The Queens of Animation by Nathalia Holt (nonfiction with Kate)
- February 12, 2020 – Flight of the Sparrow by Amy Belding Brown (historical fiction with Hilary)
- January 8, 2020 – Behind Closed Doors by B. A. Paris (thriller with Ashley)
- December 11, 2019 – No book club meeting; Holiday Open House with a table about the book club (multiple librarians)
- November 13, 2019 – First: Sandra Day O’Connor by Evan Thomas (memoir/biography with Jessica)
- October 9, 2019 – Dial C for Chihuahua (A Barking Detective Mystery, book 1) by Waverly Curtis (cozy mystery with Kendra)
- September 11, 2019 – The Day the World Came to Town: 9/11 in Gander, Newfoundland by Jim DeFede (nonfiction with Kate)