Our main 2019 summer page is www.bcslibrary.org/summer-reading-program. This year’s theme is A Universe of Stories.
Event locations are listed by each event. All events are free. Events that require tickets or registration are noted. Call (979) 209-5600 (Mounce Library) for more information. Check back to confirm event details closer to event dates.
Events will be held at Mounce Library (201 E. 26th St., Bryan, TX 77803) or Ringer Library (1818 Harvey Mitchell Pkwy. S., College Station, TX 77845) unless otherwise noted. Ringer Library (College Station) is currently closed for construction and is expected to reopen this summer. Ringer Library’s phone number (979-764-3416) is currently forwarding to Mounce Library.
Summer Reading Logs (Children’s Log is for Ages 0 to 10, Teen/Tween for 10-18, Adult for 18+)
- June 1 – July 31: Pick up a summer reading log at Mounce Library. Mark one space for every day of reading (or listening to a book, or looking at the pictures in a book).
- June 30 – August 31: Return your completed reading log (30 days of reading) once you have finished. Logs can be returned to Mounce Library (and to Ringer Library once it opens). Get a prize (for kids, it’s a free book).
Summer Storytime (Mounce only)
- June 6 – July 25: Baby/Toddler, Thursdays, 10:15 a.m., Mounce
- June 6 – July 25: Get Ready to Read, Thursdays, 10:40 a.m., Mounce
- June 4 – June 25: Big Kids (PreK-K), Tuesdays, 3:00 p.m., Mounce
June Children’s Events and All-Ages Events
- Sat., June 1: Animal Day, 9:00 – 11:00 a.m., come and go, Mounce
- Fri., June 7: Hometown Heroes and Big Rigs, 9:30 – 11:30 a.m., come and go, Mounce
- Mon., June 10: Family Game Night, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m., come and go, Mounce
- Tues., June 11: Don Plitt, Snake Day, get free tickets starting at 9:30 for 10 a.m. show, Mounce, 3 shows
- Wed., June 12: Lucas Miller, Singing Zoologist, get free tickets starting at 10 a.m. for 10:30 a.m. show, Mounce, 3 shows, *TCA
- Sat., June 15: Martha Wells, Author Visit, 2:00 – 3:30 p.m., Mounce, sci-fi / fantasy author, all ages, drawing for free book
- Tues., June 18: Juneteenth Art Festival, 9:30 – 11:30 a.m., come and go, Mounce
- Wed., June 19: Toni Simmons, Storyteller, get free tickets starting at 10 a.m. for 10:30 a.m. show, Mounce, *TCA
- Tues., June 25: Star Lab Outer Space Day**, 10 AM to 7 PM, free tickets, small groups at a time, Mounce
- Wed., June 26: Star Lab Outer Space Day**, 10 AM to 4:30 PM, free tickets, small groups at a time, Mounce
- Sat., June 29: Family Workshop: Build a Telescope, 10 a.m. & 2 p.m., registration required, Mounce, call (979) 209-5600 to register and specify which time you prefer, limit 1 telescope per family
July Children’s Events and All-Ages Events
- Wed., July 3: Kids Celebrate America, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m., Larry Koeninger conducts kids’ paper bag symphony of 1812 overture, Mounce, 1st symphony at 10 a.m., 2nd at 11 a.m., also crafts, activities, and cookies
- Mon., July 8: Family Game Night, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m., come and go, Mounce
- Wed., July 10: Star Wars Fun, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., come and go, Mounce
- Sat., July 13: TAMU Chemistry Road Show, get free tickets starting at 10:30 a.m. for 11 a.m. show, Mounce
- Sat., July 13: Star Party with Brazos Valley Astronomy Club, 9:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m., come and go, outside Ringer, can bring your own telescope at 8 p.m. and have the astronomy club help set it up, or can use the club’s telescopes
- Wed., July 17: Kim Lehman, Musical Storyteller, get free tickets starting at 10 a.m. for 10:30 a.m. show, Mounce, *TCA
- Sat., July 20: Lunar Landing Party and Movie, 1 p.m., Wall-E (rated G) at 2 p.m., all ages, Mounce
- Wed., July 24: Domino’s Dough Show, get free tickets starting at 10 a.m. for 10:30 a.m. show, Mounce, 3 shows
- Sat., July 27: Reptile Day, 1:30 – 3:30 p.m., come and go, Mounce
- Wed., July 31: TAMU Physics Show, get free tickets starting at 10 a.m. for 10:30 show & at 2:30 for 3:00 p.m. show, Mounce
August Children’s Events and All-Ages Events
- Sat., August 3 – Fri., August 9: Scholastic Book Fair, dates and times to be announced, come and go, Ringer (front lobby)
All events are free. Tickets are first come, first served, and are limited to 100 per show due to fire code regulations. For more information or any questions, call (979) 209-5600. Please check back closer to event dates to confirm details.
*TCA: Lucas Miller, Toni Simmons, and Kim Lehman’s performances are funded by grants from the Texas Commission on the Arts and by the Friends of the Bryan+College Station Public Library System.
**Accessibility option for the StarLab planetarium: For those unable to enter by bending or crawling, please let the Youth Services staff know when your group is called so that we may lift the side of the dome for you to enter.