- Children’s Catalog
- Class Visits
- Homework Help
- Book Sales
- “It’s Elementary” Program
- Summer Reading Program
The Children’s Catalog is designed to help children find their own books and other library materials. Children can search by author, title, or keywords. There are also helpful subject guides to help children find exactly what they want to read.
Storytimes for Spring 2019
MOUNCE LIBRARY (BRYAN) STORYTIMES HAVE MOVED TO WEDNESDAYS (except Play2Learn)
WEDNESDAYS, JAN. 16 – APR. 24, AT CLARA B. MOUNCE PUBLIC LIBRARY, 201 E. 26th St., Bryan, TX 77803
- 10:15 AM, Baby/Toddler Storytime, babies and toddlers
- 10:40 AM, Get Ready To Read, preschool-age children
THURSDAYS, FEB. 14 – MAR. 14, AT CLARA B. MOUNCE PUBLIC LIBRARY, 201 E. 26th St., Bryan, TX 77803
- 10-11 AM, Play2Learn, ages 1-2 and parent/caregiver, sign up at Youth Services or call (979) 209-5615
RINGER LIBRARY (COLLEGE STATION) STORYTIMES ARE BEING HELD OFF-SITE DUE TO CONSTRUCTION
MONDAYS, JAN. 28 – APR. 29, AT LICK CREEK NATURE CENTER, 13600 Rock Prairie Rd., College Station, TX 77845
- 9:15 & 10 AM, Wiggle Worms, toddlers
- 11 AM, STEAM, science, technology, engineering, art, math, PreK-5th grade
THURSDAYS, JAN. 31 – MAY 2, AT LINCOLN RECREATION CENTER, 1000 Eleanor St., College Station, TX 77840
- 9:15 AM, Babies and Books, newborns and crawling babies
- 10 AM, Wiggle Worms, toddlers
- 11 AM, Family, all ages
For more information about storytimes, call (979) 209-5600. Ask for Bobbee if you have questions about Bryan storytimes, and ask for Michelle if you have questions about College Station storytimes.
Come visit the Library with your school! Our primary goal for class visits is to develop and nurture children’s lifelong love of reading, literature, and the library. You must make a reservation for a class visit. Schools and day cares can schedule class visits. Contact Bobbee at (979) 209-5615 to schedule a class visit at Mounce Library in Bryan. Ringer Library is currently closed for construction and is expected to reopen in summer 2019. Contact Michelle at (979) 209-5600 if you are interested in having a librarian visit your class or if you are interested in visiting Ringer Library after we reopen.
MOUNCE LIBRARY (BRYAN) HOMEWORK HELP
- Monday – Thursday, 5 – 6:45 PM, starting January 7, 2019
- K-12th grade, registration not required
- For more information, contact Elaine at (979) 209-5600.
The most recent book sale was the fall book sale at Mounce Library in October 27-28, 2018. The next book sale will be a spring book sale at Mounce Library; dates To Be Announced. There will not be a children’s book sale at Ringer Library in March 2019 because that building is currently closed for construction. The Friends of the Library hold semi-annual book sales (one in the fall and one in the spring) at Clara B. Mounce Public Library in Bryan. The Friends of the Library sometimes holds children’s book sales and Scholastic book fairs at Larry J. Ringer Library in College Station. The most recent book sale was a Scholastic Book Fair at Ringer Library in August 2018.
Online workshops for parents (click each title to download a pdf)
- Homework without the Headache
- I Can Do It! Steps to finding information at the library – revised
- READ is not a Four-Letter Word – revised
- Your Child’s Reading Level – revised
- Who Is Your Child? Types of kids and learning styles
- Dealing with Opposition
- Learning Disabilities
- Family Fun Activities
- READ is not a Four-Letter Word handout – revised
- What Species is Your Child handout
- Your Child’s Reading Level handout
- Dealing with Opposition handout
- Learning Disabilities handout
If you have feedback, including suggestions or concerns, for any content in these workshops, we encourage you to get in touch with us at www.bcslibrary.org/contact.
The 2019 theme for all ages is A Universe of Stories. Summer reading logs will be handed out from June 1 through July 31 and must be returned by August 31. Check our children’s summer page in March or April to find out about summer 2019 events. Thanks to our sponsors. If you are interested in being a sponsor, please contact the library system. If you are a current sponsor and need to be added to our donors and sponsors webpage, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clara B. Mounce Public Library (Bryan, TX) – (979) 209-5600, ask for Bobbee
Larry J. Ringer Library (College Station, TX) – library closed for construction; for now, call (979) 209-5600, ask for Michelle (Ringer Library’s number is 979-764-3416 and should forward to Mounce Library, but Ringer Library will not be open until June 2019)