- Children’s Catalog
- Class Visits
- Homework Help
- Book Sales
- “It’s Elementary” Program
- Summer Reading Program
The Children’s Catalog is designed to help children find their own books and other library materials. Children can search by author, title, or keywords. There are also helpful subject guides to help children find exactly what they want to read.
Special January 2020 storytimes:
- Family Nighttime Storytime, Ringer Library, Tues., Jan. 14, 6:15-7 PM, all ages
Spring 2020 Storytime: Ringer Library is currently taking registrations for 2020
CLARA B. MOUNCE PUBLIC LIBRARY, 201 E. 26th St., Bryan, TX 77803 – Registration not required
- BABY/TODDLER STORYTIME: Wed., Jan. 15 – April 29, 10:00 AM, babies and toddlers
- READY TO READ: Wed., Jan. 15 – April 29, 10:30 AM, preschool-age children
LARRY J. RINGER LIBRARY, 1818 Harvey Mitchell Pkwy. S., College Station, TX 77845 – Registration Required (except for Family Storytime)
- MONDAY WIGGLE WORMS: Mon., Jan. 27 – March 30 (except Feb. 17 & March 9), 9:10, 9:50, & 10:30 AM, ages 1-4, Registration Required
- STEAM, GROUP A: Mon., Jan. 27, Feb. 10, March 2 & 23, 11:15 AM, science, technology, engineering, arts, math, ages 3-5, Registration Required
- STEAM, GROUP B: Mon., Feb. 3 & 24, March 16 & 30, 11:15 AM, science, technology, engineering, arts, math, ages 3-5, Registration Required
- BABIES AND BOOKS: Thurs., Jan. 30 – April 2 (except March 12 & 26), 9:10 AM, newborns and crawling babies, Registration Required
- THURSDAY WIGGLE WORMS: Thurs., Jan. 30 – April 2 (except March 12 & 26), 9:50 & 10:30 AM, ages 1-4, Registration Required
- FAMILY STORYTIME: Thurs., Jan. 30 – April 2 (except March 12 & 26), 11:15 AM, all ages, geared to newborn to age 5
For more information about Mounce (Bryan) storytimes, call (979) 209-5600 and ask for Jenny. For Ringer (College Station) storytimes, call (979) 764-3416 and ask for Michelle.
Come visit the Library with your school! Our primary goal for class visits is to develop and nurture children’s lifelong love of reading, literature, and the library. You must make a reservation for a class visit. Schools and day cares can schedule class visits. Contact Jenny or Elaine at (979) 209-5600 to schedule a class visit at Mounce Library in Bryan. Ringer Library is currently closed for renovations and is scheduled to reopen by on Monday, September 23, 2019. If you are interested in visiting Ringer Library in College Station, call (979) 764-3416 and ask for Michelle.
Homework help at Mounce Library (Bryan):
- starts Monday, January 13, 2020
- for students in K-12th grade (bring your homework)
- Monday – Thursday, 5 PM to 7 PM
- for more information, contact Elaine at (979) 209-5600
Homework help at Ringer Library (College Station):
- starts Tuesday, January 21, 2020
- for students in K-5th grade
- Monday-Thursday, 4:30 PM to 5:30 PM
- Friday, 4 PM to 5 PM
- for more information, contact Liz at (979) 764-3416
The next book fair is the Young Readers book sale, scheduled for Saturday, March 7, 2020, at Ringer Library in College Station. The following book sale will be the Friends of the Library’s spring book sale, scheduled for Saturday, April 25, and Sunday, April 26, at Mounce Library in downtown Bryan. For information about the Friends of the Library’s biannual book sales, contact a librarian at (979) 209-5600 or see www.friendsbcs.org.
Online workshops for parents (click each title to download a pdf)
- Homework without the Headache
- I Can Do It! Steps to finding information at the library – revised
- READ is not a Four-Letter Word – revised
- Your Child’s Reading Level – revised
- Who Is Your Child? Types of kids and learning styles
- Dealing with Opposition
- Learning Disabilities
- Family Fun Activities
- READ is not a Four-Letter Word handout – revised
- What Species is Your Child handout
- Your Child’s Reading Level handout
- Dealing with Opposition handout
- Learning Disabilities handout
If you have feedback, including suggestions or concerns, for any content in these workshops, we encourage you to get in touch with us at www.bcslibrary.org/contact.
The 2019 theme for all ages was A Universe of Stories. The 2019 program has ended. The 2020 program will start on June 1, 2020. The main landing page for summer reading is www.bcslibrary.org/summer-reading-program.
Check our children’s summer page for more information about summer 2019 events. Thanks to our sponsors. If you are interested in being a sponsor, please contact the library system. If you are a current sponsor and need to be added to our donors and sponsors webpage, please email email@example.com.
Clara B. Mounce Public Library (Bryan, TX) – (979) 209-5600, ask for Jenny or Elaine
Larry J. Ringer Library (College Station, TX) – (979) 764-3416, ask for Michelle or Liz