- Children’s Catalog
- Class Visits
- Homework Help
- Book Sales
- “It’s Elementary” Program
- Summer Reading Program
The Children’s Catalog is designed to help children find their own books and other library materials. Children can search by author, title, or keywords. There are also helpful subject guides to help children find exactly what they want to read.
Fall 2019 Storytime starts September 9 at Ringer Library (College Station) and September 18 at Mounce Library (Bryan).
SEPT. 9 – NOV. 14, 2019, AT LARRY J. RINGER LIBRARY, 1818 Harvey Mitchell Pkwy. S., College Station, TX 77845 (Please note: Ringer Library may not actually be open by Sept. 9. We will update when we have more information.)
- Mon., 9:15 & 10:15 AM, Wiggle Worms, toddlers and pre-kindergarten
- Mon., 11:15 AM, STEAM, science, technology, engineering, arts, math, ages 3-5
- Thurs., 9:15 AM, Babies and Books, newborns and crawling babies
- Thurs., 10:15 AM, Wiggle Worms, toddlers and pre-kindergarten
- Thurs., 11:15 AM, Family, all ages, geared to newborn to age 5
SEPT. 18 – NOV. 13, 2019, AT CLARA B. MOUNCE PUBLIC LIBRARY, 201 E. 26th St., Bryan, TX 77803
- Wed., 10:00 AM, Baby/Toddler Storytime, babies and toddlers
- Wed., 10:30 AM, Ready To Read, preschool-age children
- Family Nighttime Storytime, Ringer Library, 2nd Tues. (Sept. 10, Oct. 8, Nov. 12), 6:15 – 7:00 PM, all ages
- Family Fun in Many Cultures, Mounce Library, 3rd Sun. (Sept. 15, Oct. 20, Nov. 17, Dec. 15), 3:30 PM, all ages, multiple languages
For more information about Mounce (Bryan) storytimes, call (979) 209-5600 and ask for Jenny. For Ringer (College Station) storytimes, call (979) 764-3416 and ask for Michelle; the Ringer phone number is currently forwarding to Mounce (until Ringer reopens).
Come visit the Library with your school! Our primary goal for class visits is to develop and nurture children’s lifelong love of reading, literature, and the library. You must make a reservation for a class visit. Schools and day cares can schedule class visits. Contact Jenny or Elaine at (979) 209-5600 to schedule a class visit at Mounce Library in Bryan. Ringer Library is currently closed for renovations and is expected to reopen by early September 2019. If you are interested in visiting Ringer Library in College Station after it reopens, call (979) 764-3416 and ask for Michelle or Liz; the Ringer phone number is currently forwarding to Mounce (until Ringer reopens).
The most recent book sale was a Scholastic book fair at Ringer Library. The next book fair is the Friends of the Library’s fall book sale, which will be held on November 9 and 10 at Mounce Library in downtown Bryan. For information about the Friends of the Library’s biannual book sales, contact Larry Koeninger at (979) 209-5611 or see www.friendsbcs.org.
Online workshops for parents (click each title to download a pdf)
- Homework without the Headache
- I Can Do It! Steps to finding information at the library – revised
- READ is not a Four-Letter Word – revised
- Your Child’s Reading Level – revised
- Who Is Your Child? Types of kids and learning styles
- Dealing with Opposition
- Learning Disabilities
- Family Fun Activities
- READ is not a Four-Letter Word handout – revised
- What Species is Your Child handout
- Your Child’s Reading Level handout
- Dealing with Opposition handout
- Learning Disabilities handout
If you have feedback, including suggestions or concerns, for any content in these workshops, we encourage you to get in touch with us at www.bcslibrary.org/contact.
The 2019 theme for all ages is A Universe of Stories. Summer reading logs were handed out from June 1 through July 31 and must be returned by August 31 to Mounce Library. The main landing page for summer reading is www.bcslibrary.org/summer-reading-program.
Check our children’s summer page for more information about summer 2019 events. Thanks to our sponsors. If you are interested in being a sponsor, please contact the library system. If you are a current sponsor and need to be added to our donors and sponsors webpage, please email email@example.com.
Clara B. Mounce Public Library (Bryan, TX) – (979) 209-5600, ask for Jenny or Elaine
Larry J. Ringer Library (College Station, TX) – (979) 764-3416, library closed for renovations (phone is forwarding to Mounce until Ringer reopens), ask for Michelle or Liz