On this page you will find information that can help you become more confident in your financial decisions. Educational and informational links are provided for adults and children/students.
A selection of entrepreneurship & small business resources are located towards the end of the page.
For more detailed coverage of financial topics, visit our other library pages:
Visit our Financial Literacy and Personal Finance Information Center in the Larry J. Ringer Library.
Flyers and handouts are provided by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and other government agencies.
Texas A&M University Resources
The Patent and Trademark Resource Center is located in the R.C. Barclay Reference and Retailing Resources Center on the first floor of the West Campus Library. The PTRC Program was established in 1871 to make printed patents available to the American public.
Texas A&M University has established a Money Education Center. If you are a current student, former student, faculty, staff, or parent of an Aggie, you have access to a wide variety of online resources, services, advising, and more geared towards empowering Aggies to make smart financial decisions.
Financial Literacy Education for Adults
Most finance books are located in call number section 332 of Adult Non-Fiction
General Information & Education
- Money Education Center
- Wi$eUp Women
- Bank on Brazos Valley
- Financial Literacy Coalition
- Consumer Finance
- 360 Financial Literacy
- Federal Reserve Education
How to Start Saving
Banks or Credit Unions?
Introduction to Credit & Debt
More information on specific types of credit and debt, including credit cards, mortgages, and car loans, is available here.
Creating a Budget
For Kids and Students
- Gen i Revolution – Finance Game
- Love Your Money
- My Green
- My Credit Union – Pocket Cents
- Treasury Direct KIDS
For Educators and Parents
- Allowances – Trial and Error
- Consumer Finance – Money as you grow
- JumpStart – Financial Smarts for Students
- Social Security – Kids & Families
Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Most small business & entrepreneurship books are located in call number section 648 of Adult Non-Fiction.
- Brazos Valley Small Business Development Center
- Startup Aggieland
- Seed Sumo
- City of Bryan Community Development
- City of College Station Community Development
- B/CS Chamber of Commerce
- Texas A&M University Libraries – Entrepreneurship LibGuide
- Microfinance Gateway
- Census Business Builder
- USA Trade Online
- Small Business & Entrepreneurship (ALA BRASS)