Update from the IRS
The IRS is extending the tax deadline to June 15 for Texas residents due to the recent winter storms.
For more information, see https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/victims-of-texas-winter-storms-get-deadline-extensions-and-other-tax-relief
AARP Tax-Aide Update
This year, AARP Tax-Aide will open a few weeks later than usual.
- The date is still to be determined and will be curbside by appointment only.
- Due to an equipment shortage, appointments will not be made until the start date is set
Tax-Aide Process for 2021
- Obtain packet from one of three locations (Ringer Library in College Station, Mounce Library in Bryan, or St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Brenham) or download from https://bcstaxaide.com/.
- Follow directions in packet to prepare for appointment
- After you have completed the packet, see the phone number included in the packet in order to schedule an appointment.
- We do not currently have a start date; please give the AARP a few days before calling the number in the packet, or see the website: https://bcstaxaide.com/
- Once the start date is set, make an appointment
- Appointments are required
- Appointments are for curbside
- At the appointment, a volunteer will meet the taxpayer curbside and scan documents while they wait
What Happens Next
- Approximately 1 week after initial appointment, AARP will call the taxpayer(s) to go over the preliminary return
- Taxpayer(s) will review their return on paper or through a secure electronic platform
- Taxpayer(s) will sign and approve the return
- Tax-Aide will file the return electronically