UPDATE (4/8/22): There are no more appointments available at either Mounce Library or Ringer Library.
Beginning in early February 2022, the Brazos Valley’s free income tax preparation service, AARP Tax-Aide, will help those in need file tax returns.
Opening Dates and Locations (by appointments ONLY)
- Feb. 1 in Bryan at the Clara B. Mounce Library, 201 E. 26th St. – NO APPOINTMENTS LEFT
- Feb. 2 in College Station at the Larry J. Ringer Library, 1818 Harvey Mitchell Pkwy. S. – NO APPOINTMENTS LEFT
What to Expect
- Two appointments will be required to receive service: The first to bring your tax documents and completed forms in person to the site and the second one week later to review and approve your completed tax return for electronic filing.
- Before your first appointment: You must pick up a Tax-Aide packet with instructions and forms to complete in advance. Packets are no longer available at either Mounce Library in Bryan or at Ringer Library in College Station.
- The packets explain how to schedule your Tax-Aide appointments: In addition, the scheduling phone numbers will be posted on the Brazos Valley Tax-Aide website beginning January 26, 2022.
- You are encouraged to wear a mask during your Tax-Aide appointments: All Tax-Aide volunteers in contact with you will be masked and vaccinated against COVID-19.
- What do you need to do now to prepare for the new tax filing season? Several suggestions are available on the Brazos Valley Tax-Aide website.