Calling all Tuba and Euphonium/Baritone Players:
The Bryan+College Station Public Library System will be hosting TubaChristmas 2018 at the Carnegie History Center
Due to heavy rain predicted for December 7, this year’s Tuba Christmas has been rescheduled to Saturday, December 22.
Revised schedule (all on Saturday, December 22):
- 9:00 AM, Registration, $10 fee, at Clara B. Mounce Public Library, 201 E. 26th St., Bryan, TX 77803
- 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM, Rehearsal, Instrument Decoration Contest, Door Prizes, Clara B. Mounce Public Library
- 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM, Lunch on your own
- 1:00 PM – 1:30 PM, Meet at Mounce Library (201 E. 26th St.), Set up at Carnegie History Center (111 S. Main St.)
- 1:30 PM, Performance at the Carnegie History Center, 111 S. Main St., Bryan, TX 77803
This year’s performance will mark the fifth anniversary of TubaChristmas in downtown Bryan. TubaChristmas2018 will be conducted by Leslie Zorn, band director at A&M Consolidated Middle School. There will be door prizes and an instrument decoration contest.
TubaChristmas was conceived by Harvey Phillips in 1974 as a tribute to William J. Bell. Bell was the premier tuba player in America in the first half of the twentieth century. He performed with John Phillip Sousa, the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, and the NBC Symphony Orchestra. For more information about TubaChristmas, see www.tubachristmas.com.
If you are interested in performing or have questions about participating, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.