Volunteering can be rewarding and lead to several positive results. The work of every volunteer helps support our library system.
Ways you can volunteer
- Assist with children’s activities
- Help keep our books and audiovisual collections in order
- Help with genealogy research or help maintain research materials
- Help set up exhibits & displays
- Keep periodical materials in order
- Work with special projects
- Other ongoing tasks as they arise. These tasks may include shelf cleaning, newspaper and magazine upkeep, filing, shifting books, and other tasks as assigned.
How to apply
Anyone interested in volunteering for the library system must complete an application and indicate for which branch they are interesting in volunteering. Volunteers must be entering the seventh grade or older.
Required application for all ages
- Volunteer application (City of Bryan online form)
- Volunteer application (City of Bryan PDF)
- Volunteer application (City of Bryan PDF) – En Español
Volunteers may submit the application form online, or may download the PDF version and return it to any library branch, or to the City of Bryan Volunteer Coordinator in the Bryan City Secretary’s office.
Additional requirements for teens
All volunteers must be at least 13 years of age. Applicants ages 13 to 17 must also complete the following
- Minor Work Release Form (PDF) – Required for anyone between the ages of 13-17.
The Minor Work Release Form must be signed in front of a notary. If you do not have access to a notary, please contact the staff at Mounce or Ringer libraries and we can assist you.
Ringer Library: Teen advisory board requirement
All teens interested in volunteering at Larry J. Ringer Library will also need to fill out a Teen Advisory Board application (7th-12th grade). For more information on the Teen Advisory Board, please call (979) 209-6347.